Saturday 17 December 2011

Confusing words in English


hear or listen to

Word
Explanation
Example
hear
to be aware of sounds in your ears
I can hear music in Peter's room.
listen (to)
to pay attention to sb./sth. that you can hear
Peter often listens to music when he's at home.

hear or listen - Exercise

hear or listen? - Choose the correct answer.

1) Hey John! Can you that sound?
2) I'd like to have a word with you.
3) Do you like to Rock music?
4) The children the teacher carefully.
5) Sorry, I wasn't really .
6) Can you speak a little louder? I can't you.
7) Have you of the accident in Elm Road?
8) That's good to .
9) There's someone at the door.
10) Can't you the baby crying?





Answer:
1) Hey John! Can you hear that sound?
 2) Listen! I'd like to have a word with you.
 3) Do you like to listen to Rock music?
4) The children listen to the teacher carefully.
5) Sorry, I wasn't really listening.
6) Can you speak a little louder? I can't hear you.
7) Have you heard of the accident in Elm Road?
8) That's good to hear.
9) Listen! There's someone at the door.
10) Can't you hear the baby crying?Bottom of Form

No comments:

Post a Comment