Friday 11 November 2011

Conjunctions in English sentences



Conjunction
                             Sentence

although
               
               Although he's very famous he is still nice.
and    
               I like tea and coffee.
as
              As I came she was leaving.
              As you couldn't see the film, we'll tell you something 
              about it.
because
              She goes to the tennis club because she likes to play tennis. 
but
              He reads magazines but he doesn't like to read books.
either
              I'm sorry, Peter is ill and I can't come either.
              We can either go to the cinema or to the cafe.
even
              She likes swimming, even in winter.
even if
              Don't drink any alcohol even if you drive carefully.
even so
              This book is very popular; even so, I don't like it.
how
              Do you know how to ride a snowboard?
however
              However we've lost the match.
              They worked hard for the test, however, they failed.
if
              If they were older, they could go to the party.
in case
              Take your mobile with you in case you miss the bus.
in spite of
              He looks very fit in spite of his age.
neither
              They didn't go to the party, and neither did I.
              Neither drinks nor food are allowed in this room.
or
              Do you like tea or coffee?
otherwise
              Look at the map, please. Otherwise you'll get lost.
since
              Since he's lost his money, he couldn't go to the restaurant.
unless
              Her baby cannot fall asleep unless she stays in the room.
what
              I don't know what to say.
when
              When you're in London, write an e-mail to me.
whether
              I'm going home whether you like it or not.

 







 

Personal pronouns, Possessive determiners, Possessive pronouns

 

Personal pronouns
Possessive determiners
Possessive pronouns
Personal pronouns
as subject
(nominative)
as object
(accusative and dative)
Possessive determiners
Possessive pronouns
I
me
my
I
you
you
your
you
he
him
his
he
she
her
her
she
it
it
its
it
we
us
our
we
you
you
your
yours
they
them
their
theirs
We have some books.
The books are for us.
These are our books.
The books are ours.






















































































No comments:

Post a Comment